PEER SUPPORT SERVICES
WHO CAN WE HELP?
WHEN CAN WE HELP?
9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri (excl. Bank Holidays)
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Working one to one with individuals to develop and sustain their well-being, self-esteem, confidence and independence.
Peer volunteer mentors are there to share their own journey to inspire hope.
Our support includes:
• Motivation and developing confidence
• Travel training and getting to places
• Accessing courses, learning new skills or finding volunteer opportunities
• Finding community opportunities to go to such as sports, arts and leisure activities
• Assisting with aspects of life skills: finances, budgeting, making healthy living choices, shopping, work preparation etc
• Help with personal issues, worries and building relationships
Community Based Peer Groups
Sometimes people may feel they want to access activities in the community with other peers as a stepping stone to building confidence. We support peers with similar interests to set up community based groups. This could include
• Being active e.g. allotment, walking, football
• Connecting through activities based on hobbies/interests or social groups
• Learning e.g. reading, developing skills, cooking
People sometimes feel that they lack confidence to manage their recovery and maintain good mental health. The following range of courses we offer are designed to inspire and help individuals to develop coping strategies.
• Managing Stress
• Developing self-management plans
• Developing routines
• Managing change
• Building social networks
• Work preparation/reaching your potential
• Dailiy living skills
• Managing anger/irritability
• Time management
• Confidence and assertiveness
Supporting individuals to have a voice when struggling to deal with issues around housing, benefits applications and accessing statutory and health services.
Advocacy will be provided either through peer mentors or trained advocates for more specialist support e.g. employment tribunals, appeals, mediating with an employer.
User Led Groups
A safe space for people to drop by to socialise or access support. We empower members to become involved in the running of their own group.
To learn more or to ask us any questions please contact us on:
0208 685 6192