Mental Health First Aid Training
We offer Adult Mental Health First Aid courses delivered by instructors who are not only trained and approved by MHFA England but who also have over thirty years experience between them of working within mental health.
The Adult Mental Health First Aid course is run over two days and is designed to give people practical skills in how to recognise the symptoms of mental health problems, how to provide initial help and how to guide a person towards appropriate professional help.
The training is accredited by Mental Health First Aid England and participants receive a certificate on completion of the course.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards.
Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended the MHFA Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
What will I learn?
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. Our Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
“Excellent course, very well presented. Gave excellent knowledge and understanding to support in the workplace.”
To see a break down of the course structure, please click HERE