Our dedicated Vocational Service team in Knowsley work one to one with people who have mental health issues and who want to progress into education and training with a career focus or into voluntary/paid work.
This service is available 9am-5pm, Mondays to Fridays (excl. Bank Holidays) to people aged 18-65 living in Knowsley and accessing primary or secondary mental health services. Referrals are welcomed directly from any individual who is eligible or through a healthcare professional/worker.
How can we help?
Our experienced vocational advisors work from different locations including Kirkby Community Mental Health Team and Knowsley Resource and Recovery Team. Our team of advisors work closely with people to make sure they get the best advice and support to secure and maintain a job, volunteering or training. Ongoing support is offered once the work or course has started. Support and advice is also offered to people who are already in employment but may be experiencing difficulties.
We are also able to work alongside employers to offer guidance and provide mental health awareness training if required.
Support to individuals accessing the service includes:
- Support to mainstream education, training or volunteering
- Support to find and secure employment
- Developing employment skills and confidence
- C.V. writing skills, job searching and completing applications
- Preparing for interviews
- Advising individuals of their rights as an employee
- Signposting to benefits advice
- Providing information about industry specific training qualifications
‘I’m completing my diploma in catering and looking forward to a new career’
For further information please get in touch with our Operational Service Manager, Antony Dowell: