Job Reference: Board Treasurer
Closing Date: On-going
Job Type: Volunteering Role
BOARD TREASURER VACANCY
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff; other honorary officers of the Board; committee members; and other appropriate stakeholders to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Chair the finance committee of the Board.
- Make fellow Board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at Board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the appropriate meeting of the financial year.
- Liaise with the Board’s appointed auditors to ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place and are observed.
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
Qualities and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of current finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis and business planning skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and build good working relationships
- Experience of working in a multi-site, complex organisation.
- To attend 7 planned Board meetings a year, plus the AGM.
- To chair 4 Finance Committees a year
- To meet with the CEO and Corporate Services Director monthly
- An annual two day ‘away day’ in the north West of England
All Board and Committee meetings are held in the evening starting at 6pm in Liverpool city centre. Other meetings can be arranged to accommodate the post holder. This position is unremunerated, but expenses are payable. For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Margaret Hanson, CEO, Imagine Independence 0151 709 2366 or email email@example.com